Our Annual iPhone Antidote Christmas Gift Guide! If you’re having any troubles finding inspiration for the perfect gift for a loved one, friend or anyone else in your life, here’s some inspiration! Lots of gadget-y, tech-y, accessorize-y, gift-y, amazing goodness!
We would always recommend getting a loved one a Macbook Air or Pro, or an iPad Mini, iPad 2 or iPad Air. However you guys probably know where to go get them, right? At the time of writing there is no spectacular deals on those products, so the following is less iconic Apple products, and more stuff that you might not have thought of yet.
Christmas inspiration. Enjoy.
Under $50 Clams (YO, CHRISTMAS TIP #1 CLAMS ARE A COOL WAY OF SAYING DOLLARS)
* Get this awesome Smartphone Projector for only $34.40 from Uncommon Goods. Helllllla good deal for fun times in 2015.
*Star Wars Family Car Decals. $10.49 from ThinkGeek.
* For the artist in your life, grab a Artist Stylus Paintbrush for Touchscreens. $24.95 with free shipping from Amazon.
*Game Of Thrones Flash Drives! $29.99 from ThinkGeek.
*Wallet with Removable Case for iPhone 6 for just $10.99 from Groupon.
*Does one of your loved ones own a Macbook? Make it even sexier by giving them an Acme Made Macbook Skinny Sleeve. Available for MacBook Air’s, Pro’s, in all sizes and in multiple colors. $39.95
* Omicron Tubus Portable 4W USB Speaker – Assorted Colors for just $5.99 from Groupon.
* Know someone who’s a keen iPhone photographer? Get them a Joby JM3-01WW GripTight GorillaPod Stand from Amazon for $15.83.
*Lexar 64GB Professional SDXC Memory Card for just $42.99 (regular retail price – $299.99 ) from Groupon.
*Know a selfie lover? Get them a Bluetooth Wireless Remote Control Camera Shutter Release Self Timer for IOS for $5.96 with free shipping from Amazon.
* Make sure your loved one’s are in with the cool kids with more Selfie gifts with a super fancy Selfie stick - Extension Pole for use with GoPro Mount – iPhone/Android/Samsung Galaxy, Contour, Action, and Digital Cameras for $49.95 or a good but less expensive option -Extendable Selfie Stick by CamKix® for $19.99 both from Amazon.
*Emerson Sensi WiFi Thermostat for just $124.99 from Groupon.
* Get an iPhone controlled bug or beetle! Because, uh, so-much-robot-fun! $39.95 from ihelicopters.net
* An excellent sticking stuffer is a nice clean AmazonBasics Executive Stylus. $5.99 from Amazon.
* Give the gift of media with a Google – Chromecast HDMI Streaming Media Player. Best price we could find was $32.49 with free shipping at Best Buy.
* Check out Skinit.com for cases and skins for all kinds of laptops and devices. you have the option of creating your own using photos, designs, or using their own designs such as favorite sports teams or fictional characters. Rad.
* Get this handy mcHandy Rechargeable USB Travel Razor for the shadowy man(or woman, no judging here!) in your life. $39.99 from Sharper Image.
$50 – $500 Clams ( YO, CHRISTMAS TIP #3 – A CHRISTMAS PET IS FOR LIFE BUT A CHRISTMAS ROBOT IS FOR THE FUTURE OH HI ARNIE)
*Be the coolest gift giver around with the Pyro handheld Fireshooter from Ellusionist. $174 and restricted to those of us lucky enough to be over 18. Check it out!
*ROBOTS! Fun for all ages! Take a look at these: WowWee MiP Robot RC Robot with LED Eye for $127, WowWee Robosapien Humanoid Toy Robot with Remote Control for $85.93 from Amazon.
* Talking about robots, you can probably build one with this next Christmas gift. Because it’s all about the future see, and that’s where the robots live. Anyway, if you can afford it, get someone you love a 3D printer for Christmas.
They’re exciting and you get to make things and you’ll become a part of the beginning of an entire new industry that will soon be taking over the world. Watch out for when you can 3D print a 3D printer. Then shi*t’s gonna get crazy. Anyway, we recommend Makerbot. Go check ‘em out! Prices start at just over a grand.
* You know what else is kind of like a robot and will MAKE SOMEONE’S CHRISTMAS AMAZING? A motherlovin’ DRONE. Get the Phantom 2 for around a grand, or if your budget is a little more restricted, take a gander at the Syma X5C Quadcopter Drone for $60 from Amazon or less if you take a look around on eBay and your delivery time isn’t important.
* What better way to tell someone that you love them by getting them something to count their steps with? But seriously, the FitBit tracker range is a great little gadget that will not only help you monitor your steps, elevation, miles but also calories burned and sleep quality. We recommend the Fitbit One.
* Check out this amazing new product called Fin. Fin is a small wearable that sits on your thumb and lets you control your digital world using touch-less gesture control. Check it out here and Preorder for $120 from Finrobotics.
*The Any Device Photo Printer. Print amazing photos from your iPhone or iPad (or android if you must) in mere seconds. Easy as pie. Mmm Pie.
*i-FlashDrive HD 32GB with dual storage between iOS and Mac/PC – Apple licensed for iPod/iPhone/iPad. $164.54 with free shipping from Amazon.
*To get photos through all kinds of telescopes and microscopes, get a HookUpz Universal Smartphone Optics Adapter. $74.99 from ThinkGeek.
* Someone in your life TOTALLY needs Brain Wave Animated Cat Ears. Because it’s cats ears that actually move in response to your thoughts and moods thanks to a research-grade forehead EEG sensor. $69.95.
*Amazon Kindle 6″ 4GB Touchscreen E-Reader with Special Offers and WiFi for just $74.99 (saving $4) from Groupon.
*Between 12/14 and 12/20 Target will be selling Nintendo Wii U Console with Super Mario 3D World for just $249.99, and Nintendo 3DS XL for just $149.99.
*Get a Samsung 55″ LED 240Hz 1080p Smart 3D HDTV (Manufacturer Refurbished) for just $1099.99 from Groupon.
* Get a SEGA Genesis Classic Game Console for only $35.99 PLUS Free Shipping from Bonton.com. Use code FRIFAMDEC14 to make it $35.99, and code FRIENDS for free shipping. Limited Stock.
*Holstein Housewares Cinema-Style Popcorn Maker for just $55.99 from Groupon.
*Get a 51-inch Samsung 1080p 600Hz 3D Smart Plasma HDTV for only $998 PLUS Free Shipping from Amazon.
$$ Super expensive section exclusively for ballers and dreamers $$ (CHRISTMAS TIP #3 REMEMBER CHRISTMAS IS ABOUT LOVE AND GIVING. GIVING A PERSON BALLER STUFF MEANS YOU LOVE THAT PERSON MORE. NOT REALLY HAHA)
*The First Flying Bicycle. This is the world’s first bicycle that doubles as a flying ultralight para-trike aircraft. Whaaaat.
Only $45,000! From Hammacher Schlemmer.
*Got someone who is really into music? Got some cash to splash? Get them the AeroSystem One Speaker for iPhone. AeroSystem One is the result of four years research and development by Jean Michel Jarre and his team of sound engineers to make this one heck of a good speaker.
* For the ocean lovers amongst your loved ones - The Submarine Camcorder. Yup. A remote operated submarine that sends live video to an iPad from 100′ underwater. Perfect. $6,300.
*For the whole family, get them an Open Air Cinema, Big-Screen Home Theater System. Because your family deserves it. Only $3280.90 from Amazon. WITH FREE SHIPPING GUYS.
* If you’ve got some serious cash to flash, and this after you’ve been a nice person and given to charity as all people with cash to flash should do this time of year ( no pressure, only love!) then take a look at Stuart Hughes website.
He is a serious man, doing some serious luxury business. Think an iPad 2 with the bone of a 65 million-year-old T-Rex dinosaur, it’s front frame is made using Ammolite, the oldest rock in the world, dated as many as 75 million years back.
It’s also encrusted with 53 flawless diamonds, weighing 12.5-carat. The back panel as well as the Apple logo of this iPad 2 are made using 24-carat gold and weigh 2kg. $7.8 million
* The Submarine Sports Car. Because obviously. And it’s only a cool 2 mil.
(CHRISTMAS TIP #4 MISTLETOE REALLY WORKS! BUT NOT ON STRANGERS. WELL, ONLY IF YOU’RE, LIKE, THAT GUY FROM THE OLD SPICE COMMERCIAL AND YOU’RE ALSO ON A HORSE.)
There you have it! Hope you’ve found some inspiration! We’re off to watch ‘The miracle on 34th St’, shop for the perfect gifts online, bake christmas cookies, and drink some mulled wine. The Holidays are so awesome.
‘Presents’ by Allie Towers Rice is licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0